But don't be sad that the season is ending! Because technically CSA isn't over.....2013 Fall CSA begins immediately next week! Continue with us to finish out our delicious, fruitful harvest of the year, because we're still pulling in all the good stuff!
Last Summer CSA Box:
- Kale (Red Russian, Winterbor, Redbor, or other greens)
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes
- Sweet Peppers
- Hot Peppers (e.g. Anaheims, Jalapenos)
- Patty Pan Summer Squash
- Daikon Radishes
- Winter Squash or Melon
We'll still be bringing all this tasty, healthy stuff to your table into the Fall hopefully with some added cool-weather additions coming soon!
Like to sign up for Fall CSA? Click "CSA Signup" above and follow the prompts! It's easy, and takes only a few minutes!
Soon to come we will be sending out our yearly CSA Member Feedback Survey! Become a part of making our CSA better!
Without further adieu....enjoy the fall and we shall see you at market!
Roasted Acorn Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza (www.smittenkitchen.com)
Adapted from Giada DeLaurentis
Yield: 4 side dish servings
- 1 (1- pound) acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (we used 1/2 tsp. and it had plenty of kick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 cup arugula
- Squeeze of lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the squash in half from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide half moons and place in a medium bowl. Toss the squash with the syrup, olive oil, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the squash until tender and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Keep the temperature on the oven at 375 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough on a flour dusted piece of parchment paper to a 13-inch diameter. Place the pizza and the parchment paper on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the Gorgonzola on the pizza dough. Bake in the oven until golden and cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Peel the skins off the squash. Top the cooked pizza with the cooked squash. Toss with arugula with the squeeze of lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Slice and serve.
Melon Salsa (www.sunset.com)
- 2 cups diced orange-fleshed melon, such as Charentais (1/4- to 1/2-in. cubes)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (1/4- to 1/2-in. cubes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed, halved, and sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 day, covered and chilled.