The asparagus is still growing beautifully and tastes perfect. Our veggies and our farmers are doing a fine job and we have a lot of gorgeousness in your CSA boxes this week. You have kale, bok choi, spinach, asparagus, radishes, mint and the ever potential of a surprise.
Here is a recipe which includes your asparagus, spinach and mint:
Ontario Parmesan Spinach Salad and Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Snap ends off asparagus and peel with vegetable peeler. Place on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. With hands mix asparagus, olive oil, and seasoning together making sure that asparagus is coated. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until tender. Set aside a few minutes to cool, cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, honey mustard, garlic, mint, and salt and pepper to taste. Place spinach, asparagus, and red onion in large serving bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese over top.
This recipe was inspired by Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood, in case you are a fan. :)
And thank you for being a member or for stopping by to see us at the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids farmer's markets! We appreciate being your farmers.